The clashes in Iran continue, as the protesters enter the 7th day of their demonstrations. For a background, please read my previous post. The people not only chant anti-regime slogans and directly demand the overthrow of the Islamic Republic, but they also continue with their pro-monarchy slogans. According to international media, more than 10 people have been killed. Here are some new clips from Iran, from the last 2 days.
- Tehran, The Republic Avenue. People are chanting ”Reza Shah, Rest in Peace”.
- Karaj, a large city close to Tehran. People are chanting, ”Shah, Bargard. Shah, Bargard, Shah, Bargard”, translated to English: ”Shah, Return. Shah, Return. Shah, Return”.
- Unknown city. People are chanting ”Pahlavi, Pahlavi” referring to the Pahlavi Dynasty of Iran.
- Unknown city. People are chanting ”Valiahd kojayi, be dade ma biayi?”, translated to English: ”Crown Prince, Where Are You? Help Us.” The crown prince is Reza Pahlavi, the oldest son of the late Shah of Iran, now living in exile in the US.
- Khorramabad, a large city in the West of Iran. People are chanting: ”Crown Prince, Where Are you? Help Us.”